The Nordic Africa Institute is a center for research, documentation and information on contemporary Africa in the Nordic region.
Based in Uppsala, Sweden, the Institute is dedicated to providing timely, critical and alternative research and analysis of Africa in the Nordic countries and to strengthen the co-operation between African and Nordic researchers. As a hub and a meeting place in the Nordic region for a growing field of research and analysis the Institute strives to put knowledge of African issues within reach for scholars, policy makers, politicians, media, students and the general public. The Institute is financed jointly by Sweden, Finland and Island.
- Founded in 1962
- Jointly financed by Sweden, Finland and Island
- Research with emphasis on social sciences
- Library specialized in modern Africa
- Publications more than 600 titles on development, human rights, conflict etc.
- Conferences and public events
- Grants for Nordic and African scholars